Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Sora no Kiseki the 3rd - Little Girl of Paradise




Caution: This is translated from the Japanese PC version, in other words, the uncensored version of Renne's event.  If you're not comfortable reading about child abuse/prostitution, don't read on =_= There's also one graphic image so beware.

You can view this event on Youtube, courtesy of satoshinra by visiting the following links:
Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeEnICPT8R4
Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUjNdLeAbgc
Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K__dESkGc1c

---

Detached from this place of good and evil, of life and death, I calmly pass by.
No fortune no misfortune.  No happiness no sadness.
Black and white tear me apart, heaven and earth tease me, I've become tainted.
Where does it begin, where does it end.
I don't belong to any one place, I can only walk on.
The world continues to turn.

1. PARADISE

Voice: Which number would you like?
Voice: No. 15.
Voice: I understand.  "Renne", it's your turn.  Careful not to be impolite to the customer.

"Paradise" was its name.  The building probably had a name too, but we weren't told.  Of course, Paradise's exact location, what we were doing, and why we were here, we weren't told anything.

Voice: Good morning.
???: .......
Voice: Good morning, No. 15.
Renne: ......??
Boy: Ah, you're finally awake.
Renne: ....... "Cross".
Cross: Hehe... Welcome to Paradise, "Renne".

........ Welcome, to "Paradise".

Cross: Renne, I'm heading to work.  I was called again.
Renne: Cross, going to work again?
Cross: It's fine, Renne.  We'll see each other again soon.  Until then, be a good girl and stay.

The boy named Cross, like always busily headed out to work.  Everyday, in a place unfamiliar to me, repeating the same miserable work.  No, not just him.  All the other kids too, everyone.  In a place unknown to me, all the kids were working.

But for some reason, no work came to me.  Yes, I didn't have to work, not even once.  While all the other kids became feeble and skinny, only I got to eat delicious food and play with dolls.  I am the only one special..... Cross, he called me "Little Princess".

Girl: Morning, Renne.  Today's weather is really nice.  But it's stuffy in here, let's open the windows!

This cheerful girl is called Etta.  Always with a bright smile plastered on her face, and curious about everything.  Loves to run around in the room, always making Cross angry.

Etta: Hey Renne, let's play together?  I want to play house with the dolls too~
Renne: That's fine with me, Etta, but what about your work?  You don't have to wear that weird dress today?
Etta: Today I rest.  Since Cross is taking my place~  Hehe, more and more customers call for him lately.  Is this what they call social needs?

Etta is a little mature for her age.  She has a habit of cracking stupid jokes and then laughing at them by herself.

Aje is a sweet and mature girl.  That's why a lot of customers would designate her.  But Aje would never show any slight hint of disgust and could always finish her work swiftly.

Renne: Aje, don't you hate this kind of work?  It's really painful right?
Aje: ... it's fine.  Renne, you don't have to worry about it.  There are lots of tricks to it, it becomes really easy once you have a good grasp on them.  It's not something Renne should be worried about.  Because Renne will always be happy.
Renne: ...Okay.
Aje: That's all that matters.  If Renne is happy, then I'm happy.

Cartel is a boy that's always getting beaten.  Maybe it's because of his small size, he's always getting bullied around like a doll.

Renne: Hey, Cartel?  I'm talking to you, Cartel.  Were you bullied again?
Cartel: Ah.. hm.. I'm not sure... they said it's a new game, but I don't really understand....
Renne: .........
Cartel: Ah it's fine, Renne.  I'm okay, perfectly okay.  It's something that happens all the time, I don't even feel pain anymore.  As long as Renne is here, I am perfectly fine.

Somewhere I couldn't see, Cartel was always bleeding.  That was probably a type of curse.  Beautiful people must also be bleeding beautiful blood.

Cross: I'm back, Renne.  Took a bit longer than expected.

And Cross, he was our leader.  Cross, Etta, Aje, Cartel, and me (Renne).... Living in the same room, irreplaceable companions....  There appeared to be others, but they didn't matter.  Us five lived in Paradise.

2. LITTLE PRINCESS

Renne: Cross, where are the others?  Why are Renne and Cross the only ones in this room?
Cross: Ahahaha, what are you talking about, Renne?  We're the only ones here since the beginning.  We're the only ones who live here.
Renne: ... Is that so?.......
Cross: Of course. Since the beginning, it's just you and me.

I later realized, Cross was the one who hid the others.  Was it so that I wouldn't worry, or was the situation so bad such that I couldn't face it?  Cross was always covering my eyes , careful to not let me see a thing.

Etta: Renne, I'll teach you something nice. It's called "Yes, it's my pleasure".  If you do that, the other party will be very happy. "Yes, it's my pleasure." "Yes, it's my pleasure."  No matter what's done to you, "Yes, it's my pleasure", this way everyone will be happy. Hehe, strange right?  Even though the happy one is the customer~

Aje: Let me teach you something too. This is my secret trick.  So anyway, you have to imagine the other person's feelings.  How the person must be feeling great right now, how he must be really comfortable, things like that~ Though the pain is still unbearable, but you'll get used to it after a while.  Don't be reckless.  You have to carefully think about what you should do to make your customer happy.

Cartel: Then... I will also... Umm, never ever say "I'm sorry." while crying. If you say "I'm sorry", they'll just hit you harder.  No matter how painful and sad, don't ever cry.  Because even if you say "I'm sorry", they won't stop.

Renne: Everyone, thanks. But I think I won't need them. After all, no work comes to Renne.  I'll always be here, holding unto my doll.  Renne, will always be here.
Cross: That's right, Renne.  You're our little princess, our most most precious person.

We will protect you.  So you don't have to see anything.    "Renne"



3. GAME

Cross: Renne, what are you doing?
Renne: I'm drawing a picture.  Look, this is a monster.  The monster that locked us up.  Golden eyes and pitch black scales.  Its mouth stained by the colors of those it swallowed.
Cross: Color of Sin? That's a great drawing. 
Renne: But the belly must be pure white.  Else there's no way to tell its front from its back.
Cross: Haha, that's right. The belly has to be pure white.
Renne: ............? Say, Cross, where are the others? Did they all go to work?
Cross: .....Renne.  We're the only ones here since the beginning. We're the only ones who live here.
Renne: ... Is that so?.......
Cross: Of course. Since the beginning, it's just you and me.  There's only two of us here.  Come on, let's continue drawing.  Should we draw a picture of the princess next~?

Though Cross was great at hiding things, I gradually started to see some things. 
Cross is tired.  Is this also due to the "others" being gone?  All the work fell on Cross.  And thus, Cross also began to disappear.

Cross: Renne, I'll help you wipe down your body.  You're really dirty today.
Renne: Thanks for always taking care of me.  Cross is so nice.
Cross: ... Renne. Sorry, Renne.  It's my fault I couldn't do better.  Even though I've decided to protect you...
Renne: Cross? .... what's wrong? Your face is pale.
Cross: It's nothing.  It's nothing.
Renne: .....Cross?
Cross: ....... I said it's nothing! .......... It's all your fault.
Renne: .....Cross......
Cross: It's all your fault.  Everything's your fault.  You quickly killed off all the others, why are you only keeping me alive!

It's all your fault for not killing me.
It's all your fault for not killing me.
It's all your fault for not killing me.

Even though I was already dead a long time ago.

4. RENNE

And then, my "First Work" came.

There was no one else left.  No one else could go in my place.  So Renne must work.
.... That was the first time for me (Renne) to go out.

Manager: Renne, it's your turn.  Careful not to be impolite to the customer.
Renne: ..........
Manager: What's wrong, Renne.  Just do as you usually do.
Renne: ..........
Customer: Hey, isn't this different from what you said?  Wasn't No. 15 the best of the bunch?
Manager: That's weird.  She's usually a good and obedient child.  She's able to satisfy all her customers' needs, truly a precious angel, no doubt about it.  Come on now, Renne.  Greet your customer.  Aren't you doing it all along?  What do you want to be today? A cute little doll? Or how about a cool little boy?
Renne: ....Not me.
Manager: Huh...?
Renne: Not, me. Not, me. NOT ME, NOT ME! THAT'S NOT ME! NOT ME!!

Someone's talking, I plug my ears as usual.
Someone's doing something, I cover my eyes as usual.
I am always, as usual.

I am always, as usual.
I am always, as usual.

I am always, as usual, heading out to work.

Ah, spring of life.
It's as Cross said.  Even someone on the verge of death can come back to life.
Someone was always pouring it down his throat. The taste... sweet, as honey syrup....

Manager: Here, Renne.  I put in a lot of syrup this time.  Drink slowly. Slowly, slowly, yes, yes.  Don't spill it.  Slowly drink it up, don't let any go to waste...... Well then, please take your time and enjoy.

The moment the Manager left, my mind became a little unfocused.  Is it because I've come to that age, or is it because I'm in disguise? .......... Ahh, the medicine is starting to show effect.

Customer: Come, Renne-chan.  Let's sit down and talk.
Renne: Yes, it's my pleasure.
Customer: Ohh nice response.

Yes, it's my pleasure.
Yes, it's my pleasure.

Yes, it's my pleasure. Yes, it's my pleasure.
Yes, it's my pleasure. Yes, it's my pleasure.
Yes, it's my pleasure. Yes, it's my pleasure.

*static*

Morning, Renne. Today's weather is really nice. But it's stuffy in here, let's open the windows! Hey Renne, let's play together? I want to play house with the dolls too~ Today I rest. Since Cross is taking my place~ Hehe, more and more customers call for him lately. Renne, I'll teach you something nice. It's called "Yes, it's my pleasure". If you do that, the other party will be very happy. "Yes, it's my pleasure." "Yes, it's my pleasure." No matter what's done to you, "Yes, it's my pleasure", this way everyone will be happy. Hehe, strange right? Even though the happy one is the customer~ We will protect you. So you don't have to see anything.       "Renne"

It's fine. Renne, you don't have to worry about it. There are lots of tricks to it, it becomes really easy once you have a good grasp on them. It's not something Renne should be worried about. Because Renne will always be happy. That's all that matters. If Renne is happy, then I'm happy. Let me teach you something too. This is my secret trick. So anyway, you have to imagine the other person's feelings. How the person must be feeling great right now, how he must be really comfortable, things like that~ Though the pain is still unbearable, but you'll get used to it after a while. Don't be reckless. You have to carefully think about what you should do to make your customer happy. We will protect you. So you don't have to see anything.        "Renne"

Ah.. hm.. I'm not sure... they said it's a new game, but I don't really understand.... Ah it's fine, Renne. I'm okay, perfectly okay. It's something that happens all the time, I don't even feel pain anymore. As long as Renne is here, I am perfectly fine. Then... I will also... Umm, never ever say "I'm sorry." while crying. If you say "I'm sorry", they'll just hit you harder. No matter how painful and sad, don't ever cry. Because even if you say "I'm sorry", they won't stop. We will protect you. So you don't have to see anything.       "Renne"

Renne, what are you doing? Color of Sin? That's a great drawing.  Haha, that's right. The belly has to be pure white. .....Renne. We're the only ones here since the beginning. We're the only ones who live here. Of course. Since the beginning, it's just you and me. There's only two of us here. Come on, let's continue drawing. ....... I said it's nothing! .......... It's all your fault. It's all your fault. Everything's your fault. You quickly killed off all the others, why are you only keeping me alive! It's all your fault for not killing me. It's all your fault for not killing me. It's all your fault for not killing me. Even though I was already dead a long time ago.      "Renne"

Everyone, was gone.


Silver-Haired Youth: This is... those bastards.
Black-Haired Boy: .............. Can a human live on even after becoming like this.....? .... Can this even be called living?
Silver-Haired Youth: ........... These countless cross-marks were all carved unto the body by oneself.  I'm afraid it was probably necessary in order to preserve one's self.
Black-Haired Boy: ............. Wanting to live on even in that condition ....?  (This is a human who's striving to live....)  Loewe, I want to see what this child is like living. Can the "Society" take her in?



5. CONTINUATION OF THE DREAM

Renne is strong.  Joshua said one day.
.... It was a word I was not familiar with.

Renne is strong.
That's right, Renne is strong.

Renne is strong. Renne is strong.
Renne is strong. Renne is strong.

Renne is strong.  Renne is really strong!

Enforcer candidate "Renne".
Superior than others in every way.


And then before I knew it,
Joshua was gone.

As usual, the world continued to turn.

Renne: Hmm.... just where did Joshua run off to?  They said it was work, but how come it's taking so long?  To think I've finally become an official "Enforcer".... And... I was wanting to introduce my real "Papa and Mama" (Patel=Mattel) to him........ Hehe, but that's okay.  If it's Joshua, he will definitely return.  After he's back, I'll get him to tell me all about his trip.  That's right.... as long as he is willing... whenever is fine....

Baby: .....Uwah... Uwah! Uwah!
Renne: ... A baby?  Hehe, cute... *static*... Really, so pretty.... That is a brand new life.  White and pure, a truly beautiful existence.  That child will most definitely be a righteous child.  Will grow up healthy, and probably become a great person.  Even though it's impossible for me.  Even though it's no longer possible for me.  Baby who is a stranger to me, please be happy.  *static*

Renne: .................  .............wh...y?

Familiar Man: So cute.  Looks exactly like you. Here here~ good boy good boy....
Familiar Woman: Hehe, even though that kind of thing happened to our previous child... But I'm relieved.  The Goddess didn't forsake us.
Familiar Man: Hey didn't we agree to not bring that up? Let us forget the past.
Familiar Woman: Yes... even though it's sad, but it's for the sake of that child.
Baby: Awu... awu..
Familiar Woman: Ahh~ okay okay~ you're a good boy~

"Renne"
The tainted child.

The past.
The previous child that turned . out . that . way.
So that was it?
Renne was just that.  From the beginning.  Renne was..

Renne was
Renne was
Renne was, from the moment of birth...

Youth's Voice: ..... Renne.
Renne: ... Ah... Loewe...
Sword Emperor Loewe: ............ For us Enforcers, all actions are permitted.  How you want to deal with those people...... that's entirely up to you.  Though it remains questionable whether they even deserve to be killed....

Detached from this place of good and evil, of life and death, I calmly pass by.
No fortune no misfortune. No happiness no sadness.
Black and white tear me apart, heaven and earth tease me, I've become tainted.
Where does it begin, where does it end.
I don't belong to any one place, I can only walk on.
The world continues to turn.
Some place unknown to me, only the world...

If that's the case, then fine.
The world will always turn for Renne.
That's why... there's nothing to be sad about.

Renne: ..Heh... hehe... why would I even care about those imposters? After all, my real Papa and Mama are somewhere else.

---

Renne: Ah... it's cold...
*Patel=Mattel heats up the area*
Renne: ........... Thanks, Patel=Mattel (Papa and Mama).  That's right, it's not bad.  This isn't bad at all.  Renne is always blessed.  Always happy.  That's because Renne...

The world isn't turning for Renne. 
It won't make any changes for Renne.

Hehe, isn't it obvious?
Because I like Renne.

I won't say a thing...
... Renne should follow what your own heart is telling you.

*note: these were Estelle's lines in SC*

Renne: .......... It's almost daybreak.  Let's go, "Patel=Mattel".  Destination is Crossbell... turn off your boosters after reaching a certain altitude and switch to glide mode.

*Renne and Patel=Mattel flies off into the distance*

- FIN -

10 comments:

  1. Thank you for all the translations!!! I am really happy to be able to fully understand the different doors ^^

    I hope you can do the translations for other door as well ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe someday haha... I'm quite bad with finishing stuff so not going to make any promises :P if 3rd ends up not getting a localization, I'll probably do some of the other ones

      And you're welcome~!

      Delete
  2. Omg great job dude.Thank you so much! I wanted to learn more about Renne's past but the 3rd chapter probably wont be translated for a long time and the wikia for Legend of Heroes is not something I would call good so I wasnt able to find what I was looking for but thanks to you I now have.Looking forward to your upcoming work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh also I have read your other translations as well and those are fantastic as well.Once again I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

      Delete
  3. okay, i'm sorry but im so confused
    "Manager: Here, Renne. I put in a lot of syrup this time. Drink slowly. Slowly, slowly, yes, yes. Don't spill it. Slowly drink it up, don't let any go to waste......"
    What is the syrup?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's intentionally kept ambiguous. Although once you play Zero no Kiseki, you'll know what it is.

      Delete
    2. is it Gnosis? or something else?

      the only thing i remember is one of the politicians being blackmailed claiming to have been drugged as well when he was brought to Paradise

      Delete
    3. Yup it's Gnosis, or something similar (it's probably in its experimental stages during this time)

      Delete
    4. it's the liquid that excretes from a male's genital. No it's not the gnosis, it has already been mentioned that Paradise Lodge is a brothel, and dg uses the data collected during the "intercourses" to improve gnosis.

      Delete